Infrequent, irregular bowel movement or constipation can cause pain and discomfort and it isn't fun for anyone; no wonder there are so many people looking for remedies for constipation available for them. Constipation is often attributed to at least one of the following factors: poor diet, lack of exercise, lack of fiber, lack of fluids, or even possibly serious medical condition. The good news is there are remedies for constipation that can relieve the pain and discomfort caused by this condition.
One of the best ways to prevent constipation is to increase your water intake since dehydration is one of the conditions that cause constipation. Drinking caffeinated beverages should also be avoided or should be done in moderation because caffeine, being a diuretic, causes dehydration.
Another key to preventing constipation is to have a healthy diet. This is one of the best natural remedies for constipation. A diet that includes vegetables, fruits, nuts and beans ensures regularity in the bowel movement. Apple is also considered as one of the remedies for constipation. Daily consumption of apple is enough to prevent constipation. Guava can also help but for full effect, this fruit must be eaten with seeds. You should also avoid starchy foods as these will only make the problem worse.
Other remedies for constipation include the following:
1. Laxatives - laxatives are some of the most known remedies for constipation. These are available as over-the-counter products with price and formulas that suit the personal preference of anyone. If you are not sure of which product to buy, you can always consult with your physician about it.
2. Mixture of honey and lemon - Mix lemon juice (2 tbsp) and honey (1 tsp) in warm water. This is used as one of the remedies for constipation as this mixture can greatly help reduce the symptoms of constipation.
3. Olive oil and Orange juice Mixture - Make an one glass mixture of 50% orange juice and 50% olive oil to bring back regular bowel movement.
4. Licorice - known for its laxative qualities, daily consumption of licorice helps in relieving the pain and discomfort caused by constipation.
5. Grapes - a bunch of grapes is enough to do the trick.
6. Castor Oil and Honey Mixture - honey, considered as among the best remedies for constipation, may be mixed with castor oil for full anti-constipation effect.
7. Sauerkraut juice, Tomato juice, and Carrot juice Mixture - mixing these three juices can help relieve constipation, making the mixture one of the most effective remedies for constipation.
While there are available remedies for constipation, you shouldn't forget that proper diet, staying hydrated, and performing regular exercise are still the best ways to cure constipation.