If you have experienced constipation or experience it every now and then, you can attest to how painful and uncomfortable this condition can be and that you are probably one of those who want to grab any available remedies for constipation that can help you get rid of constipation. If you have poor diet, do not exercise often, do not drink enough water, do not eat enough fiber, or are suffering from some other illnesses related to constipation, then you must be one of those looking for remedies for constipation. You will be relieved to find out that this article has what you are looking for.
One of the best ways to prevent constipation is to increase your water intake since dehydration is one of the conditions that cause constipation. Drinking caffeinated beverages should also be avoided or should be done in moderation because caffeine, being a diuretic, causes dehydration.
Another key to preventing constipation is to have a healthy diet. This is one of the best natural remedies for constipation. A diet that includes vegetables, fruits, nuts and beans ensures regularity in the bowel movement. Apple is also considered as one of the remedies for constipation. Daily consumption of apple is enough to prevent constipation. Guava can also help but for full effect, this fruit must be eaten with seeds. You should also avoid starchy foods as these will only make the problem worse.
You can also try the following remedies for constipation:
1. Laxatives - laxatives are always present in all remedies for constipation as it is often the very first resort that a person suffering from constipation tries. You can buy laxatives as over-the-counter products from your local pharmacy or drugstore. If you don't know which laxative is right for you, make sure to visit your physician first and he/she will surely prescribe a good laxative that will help you deal with your condition.
2. Mixture of honey and lemon - Mix lemon juice (2 tbsp) and honey (1 tsp) in warm water. This is used as one of the remedies for constipation as this mixture can greatly help reduce the symptoms of constipation.
3. Olive oil and Orange juice - fill a glass with half orange juice and half olive oil to make your plumbing running very smoothly.
4. Licorice - this is known to have laxative qualities. Eating real licorice can help relieve your infrequent bowel movement.
5. Grapes - one large bunch of this fruit can relieve you from your constipation.
6. Honey and Castor Oil - honey is always present in the list of remedies for constipation. Aside from eating it by itself or with lemon, you can also add a teaspoon of castor oil to get rid of your constipation problems.
7. Sauerkraut juice, Tomato juice, and Carrot juice - the mixture of these three juices is one of the most effective remedies for constipation.
While there are available remedies for constipation, you shouldn't forget that proper diet, staying hydrated, and performing regular exercise are still the best ways to cure constipation.